Sunday, 23 September 2007

True Love..

Just yesterday, King left me at the airport. Few months ago, I wasn't supportive of his idea. Last night at the airport, I was so happy for him, seeing him setting off to fulfil his dream. Although the idea of a long-distance relationship doesn't sound appealing at all, I tell myself I must learn to overcome this challenge.. Yet, I start to realise I am not as strong as I think. At the airport yesterday, seeing him turn his head and leave, I couldnt help feeling happy and excited. But 5 minutes later, my eyes start to go teary. Today, every thought of him makes me teary again. It's only the first day he's gone. Yet, I'm having such a hard time..
-
So this is what true love is about? His absence makes you feel uneasy. You start to think about him when you have the time. Without him, you seem to have no purpose in life, nothing to look forward to. You cant wait to hear from him again the moment you hang up the phone. His sms, his call brightens your day. If that is so, how am I going to last 9 months? How?
-
I happened to come across this article, Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder. I hope it does! The article features how a couple coped with long-distance relationship. Of course, I cant compare my case with theirs. They get to meet each other with just a few hours' drive. But what impress me is the way they put in effort to maintain connection, such as him having sleepless night just to drive over to see her.. So not all long-distance relationship fails. It depends alot on how much effort each party put to maintain it..
-
Today, I went to see the doctor with my dad after breakfast. Dad is sick with serious cough. That aside, the doctor said he has to do something about his throat as he has serious snoring problem that causes him to stop breathing at certain times of his sleep! And I dont understand why he dont seem to be bothered by it.. Life seems to be so vulnerable, so precious. Cherish, before it's gone.

No comments: