Friday, 7 September 2007

Bintan Getaway

28 August
Rain rain rain.. It was super heavy that day, it dampened our mood. I mean, Bintan?!? Who wouldnt think of the sun, the beach and the sea? And yet, it was raining heavily.. King and I arrived at Angsana resort after an hour's ferry and 15 minutes' bus ride. Angsana wasnt as "grand" as what we (or I) expected. But Banyan Tree didnt look any better too. Maybe it's just Bintan.. Haha.. But the room in Angsana was rather spacious - 2 balcanies, 1 living room, 1 bedroom and a kitchenette. Nice! I had been looking forward to this trip since King and I last "tried" to book our trip to Phuket through Chan Brothers. Unfortunately, the resort in phuket was such a wet blanket.. Luckily we found Angsana! Of course, we would prefer Banyan Tree. But the price added up to more than $1K per person and Angsana was such a pull factor, it cost only $200 per person for 2 nights! So why not? Anyway, I would prefer to visit Banyan Tree in Maldives! (Save it for the best! Heh..)
King said the Bintan trip would probably revive our relationship - more time to spend together.. :) It made me so excited. Afterall, we had so many arguements recently, those arguements could have put both of us on the negative side of our relationship. King is heading for his Masters studies soon. This trip came just right!

King & I on the ferry

Spacious bedroom

I love the Sofa!

Pool-view room. I would prefer the sea view, actually! haha.. But it isn't that bad!

King and I went Pasar Oleh Oleh in the evening after a short rest in the resort. Pasar Oleh Oleh has nothing much. Most of the things are expensive and quoted in SGD. Goods sold there are even more expensive than in Singapore. (Bintan is SOooo commercialised!) For instance, the seafood dinner that we had there added up to around S$50 for a fish, some otah, a vegetable, fried rice plus drinks. I was especially disappointed with the coconut juice that I ordered. The cut on the coconut was stained with the rust from the knife. And the juice had a funny taste I think I had less than 3 sips.

Pasar Oleh Oleh

29 August

We signed up for a tour in Bintan's mangrove. The short 2-hour trip cost a bomb! (maybe I'm exaggerating but I dont think it's worth $40 per person for just the 2 hours.)

We proceed to the beach to relax. The weather was extremely good. Perfert for the ocassion. However, King was kinda of a bore! (haha.) He laid at the sun-bathing chair under the shade and sleep. I could see couples playing ball games or strolling along the beach. Eager to stroll along the beach with King, hand in hand, like those shown on romantic movies, but I turned back to look at King & ... He dont like sea water.

Jacuzzi & pool

Perhaps it wasnt that bad. We spent some time lazing in the jacuzzi pool or swimming. And the best thing is the Angsana spa massage that we had. It wasnt the massage but the room that amazed me. Heavenly! Wait till I flash the picture! Imagine sitting down on a comfy sofa facing the sea, your love one by your side, a massaeur (is that how u spell it?) pressing into your aching feet. Woo~ Precious moment! King and I each had a back massage following that. I enjoyed sitting at the sofa, sipping ginger tea with King. It was a pity that we had limited time in the room as our session has ended.

Spa room

Dinner by the beach was great, except that we ended up feeding the mosquitoes. Food was fairly average. Although King & I bought alot of convenient food to cook in the resort, we ended up eating out instead. (and having supper in the room after that! haha..) King bought Heros DVDs over, so night time activity revolved around that. I would have prefer exploring the resort, or lying by the pool enjoying the starry sky & the night breeze. On the other hand, it's better to stay indoor and avoid the mosquitoes. Anyway, what's important is that I still get to have King's company! ;)

30 August

Days with King always seem so short. I havent had enough and it's gonna be over..

The initial plan was: I wake up to cook breakfast. In the end I was too tired I overslept. (so bo xim right?) King & I were awaken by a call from the receptionist. King was told that we were selected for a tour around Bintan to see some of the nicest places and of course, Banyan tree resorts. We were so excited we dashed out of bed. It turned out to be some marketing gimmick. There were promoting some packages to inhouse guest and king & I happened to be selected. I wonder on what basis.. I'm certain we werent big spenders!

Chef of the month

It ended up that King has to help out with breakfast since we were running out of time after the "talk". We had a filling breakfast(lunch) before we check out and leave for home...

Thanks for the wonderful moment..

No comments: