We went into the cathedral to explore. Although I'm not a christian, I sat through their prayer's session. It was really funny when the others stood up in the middle of the prayers while the 3 of us continue to sit at a corner. Dot was so bored and tired, that halfway through, she fell asleep. As I didnt understand the prayers (in german), I spent my time observing the interiors of the Cathedral. I even asked Jason about the story of Jesus. The windows were pictures that seemed to tell a story. Interesting.
We climbed up to the highest level of the cathedral thereafter! 509 steps in a spiral! I was really giggy when I reached the top. The spiral staircase was really cramp. And it is used for 2 directions, up & down. So along the way up, we had to be extra careful especially when someone is coming down in the opposite direction. It was then when I realised I have a phobia of enclosed area. I felt rather uneasy, nevertheless, I continued to climb. In front of us were a group of kids, whom I feel so impressed of! They were really good at climbing stairs. And they dont look like they feel a single bit of fear for height! WOW!!
Stairway to heaven??
I realised I forgot to count the steps while on my way up! And I only remembered to count halfway through when I was on my way down. So I only managed to reach 298! Anyway, the book that we borrowed from the library says 509 steps. So it should be reliable! So proud i climbed 509 steps that day!
Later on, it was shopping time. We spent the next half of the day shopping at Breite Strasse. There was this shop named New yorker, which had a total of 4 levels! Dot and I got really good bargains. That marks our last day before we fly off to Norway. Jason and I got ready to board the train to Berlin while Dot make her way to Freiburg.
I guess the best of the Germany trip was Freiburg and Koblenz. I love the towns. No cities for me! haha.. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment