My last week in Olso and I'm writing about what happened when I first arrive in in Oslo. Desperately trying to recall what happened!
***
Met Kristy for the first time at Berlin Tegel Airport. First Impression: friendly and fun to be with! Yay, she will be my roomie for 3weeks in BI!
Took a photo at Oslo Lufhavn (near Gardemon Airport), place where we wait to take a flytoget to Oslo S..
Well, BI reminds me of a smaller SMU - transparent concept. Nice architecture & it's definitely a place where everybody gets to see everybody in school! Just tht is it empty due to the summer vocation. I guess we are the only soul.. What a pity actually. It would be good to know some norwegians here.
This is our room! It's very new and pretty. Somewhat better than NTU's hostel. Kitchen and toilet is shared with another apartment mate. So that means 3 of us! My roommate is a Norwegian. I only met her on the 3rd day of the 1st week. She's very pretty. Being a fashion buyer, she's quite stylist in her dressing. I like her lovely dresses! Okay, back to the hostel.. Everything is fine except for the bed and the internet connection. Kristy's bed looks very comfy, but it is too soft that she has backaches after 3 days on it. My cushion is only a thin layer so everytime when my big butt sits on it, I could feel the planks below it. Luckily my butt is BIG. Otherwiae I could have slip in between the planks beneath. Whahah.. :p The internet cable is working but it only allows one connection at any point of time. We ended up haring one cable, which can be quitre troublesome. There isnt any wireless too (only for the apartments on the first floor since they are nearer to the TV lounge (which provides wireless internet). The worst thing is my "lao cok cok" lappie. I wonder what's wrong with the wireless connection & the screen. I just cant get into the internet exlporer although it is cnnected to the wireless. I really got irritated with it at times. Now, I have to squint my eyes ALOT to peer at the words and the aweful-looking pictures (although they are suppose to be nice from a normal computer screen!) Luvkily, carrots are cheap here and we eat lots of them for every meal (carrot soup, carrot noodles, carrots in pasta sauce, carrots in stir-fried vegetables, it's whatever you can imagine) And not forgeting the green grassland and fjords of Norway.. My eyesight couldnt be any better!
Our first self-cooked food was spaghetti. Pong & I bought sauces, spaghetti and sausages when we were in Berlin before we came over. Thanks goodness, we bought it over! You should have seen the price of a meal if you eat out. Makes everyone lose appetite! But our spaghetti was certainly appetising.. :)

We decided to come out with a cooking rooster. So I ended up pairing with Viv and Kris since we are living on the same floor. Dot and Qihui will cook together. Then what about Pong & Adi? HAhah.. We definitely are nice to them -- Dish cleaners! So everytime when the girls finished cooking, most of the dishes will be left in the sink. When all of us finished eating, they will clear the tables & settle the dishes. Dont be mistaken that we are bullying them. We certainly are NOT! They volunteered since they dont cook. ;)
Tata.. Our creation! (*Ahem* Actually, it's Qihui & Dot's..)
Oh, there's one thing I found shocking! Look at the mess in the room. It's Vivien's canadian flat mate. Amazing! The floor was covered with clothes and undergarments and she's totally open about it. We were eating in Viv's room since her dining table is bigger and her flat mate usually leaves her door open. I thought it looks like a state of art & decided to take a picture of it!
At last, a sunny afternoon after 3 consecutive days of continuous rain in Oslo. Can you imagine? We went on a sightseeing trip in Oslo. We first visited Holmenkollen, then the Vigeland park followed by the viking ship museum.
A picture with the Troll
No comments:
Post a Comment