I love taking trips to Bangkok.. Apart from the sweet and spicy Thai dishes I could savour and the Thai massuers that crack my inner bones during the 2-hrs long twenty dollars massage, cheap shopping at night bazaars and malls was a major draw to me.
Dresses grabbed from the bargain malls may just cost me twenty-odd dollars and tops may just work up to ten bucks. Yet not all deals were really a steal! As I tried on clothes that I bought subsequently, I realised the bad workmanship of some pieces - lining that was sewn the other way round, collar that doesnt fit comfortably, ill-threaded ends that come off easily... The list goes on. Some of these were not discovered until you pay the extra attention! I usually try to mend it using a needle and thread or end up paying additional dollars for alteration services only to uncover that a piece of clothing from Bangkok isn't that cheap!
I'm slowly inch-ing towards good quality dresses, even if it means paying more! Who would want to waste the extra time and money bringing back and forth cheap ill-fitting clothes for alteration, only to find out altered pieces doesnt look so good any more? It's a trade-off!
No comments:
Post a Comment