Monday, 31 January 2011

Macarons: Take II

My remaking of macarons was a success. My heart fluttered when I saw the shells rise to its feet in the oven, like they were all standing up to greet me! The shells were crispy and chewy although they were rather sweet and the chew was a little hard.


The filled macarons in the fridge waiting to be eaten.. Some chip-offs at the sides because I piped them too near and they got stucked together while left to rest.



Darlie requested for a new batch as he wanted it less sweet and not too hard. So I tried replicating the whole process with lesser sugar and more almond meal. The macarons turned out to be like my first and second failed attempt..


It was already midnight and I ended up throwing the failed ones away.

The baking of macarons is making my mood swing like a stock on the exchange market and it is at a record low now!

No comments: