Friday, 7 March 2008

Friday..

Supposedly a day to end work on time, meet friends for a dinner, followed by a drink at a nearby cosy pub before heading home to snore your way till the sun shines high in the sky.. That would be a perfect way to spend my time on a typical Friday night.

This Friday is a stressful one indeed. Manager is here to review files in the late afternoon but I had already arranged to meet Reny after work. She had wanted to visit my place since CNY but we were too busy back then. Eventually, Manager finished reviewing my files only at 715pm and I was suppose to meet Reny at Chinese Garden MRT station at 730pm! I quickily smsed her, but she already left home. Unfortunately, I broke my records this time round, letting someone wait for me for a FULL 1.5hours! Apparently, my last record was 1hr, letting King waiting for me at a cafe to study together. But that was 3 years ago.

When Manager finally left, I sprung up and took a taxi home. Usually, I would be pissed with reckless taxi drivers who switch lanes and cut corners. Today, I was actually grateful that the taxi driver is doing it for me.

My meet-ups with Reny had been very irregular. It could be once in a year or even 3 years, and she was the one who had been taking initiative texting me, asking me questions. For that, I am really grateful. Otherwise, we could have lost contact. Fortunately, talking to her has been comfortable owing to the fact that I have known her for 14 years!

P/s: I'm proud of this friendship!

No comments: