Saturday, 1 December 2007

A day out with Ade!

Went jogging in the morning today.. Finally after 3 weeks of procrastination!
-
Ade suggested to eat out at Shima Japanese Restaurant before our yoga comabt class. She mentioned this restaurant several times to me and I finally get to try it today! We had teppanyaki buffet and I had to admit, the buffet was really worthy for a pig-out session. What's on the menu? We were first served with tempura prawns as appetiser. Then salmon sashimi.. I'm not a huge fan of raw fish, but I happily took 2 slices because it didnt taste as aweful as my first few experiences. We concluded that fresh salmon was served! As we were busy eating the first 2 dishes, we were entertained by the chef as he skillfully shoved garlic and prawns left and right, dashes of sauces and butter, and presented nicely fried garlic prawns on our plates. The prawns were really awesome - succulent and tender to the bite. The second dish served from the teppanyaki pan was teriyaki chicken, slightly fried to a crisp. The third was oyster. Not those that you had at the coffee shops when you order oyster egg or even when you eat at seafood eateries. The difference is obvious. Next, what Ade had been looking forward to - their simmered salmon. The chef put a few slices of salmon into a folded aluminium foil, filled it with sauce, and cooked it for a few minutes. He will then signal for the waitress when the dish is done, and let her present it nicely on our table. The last 2 dishes was beef steak and bean sprouts. I had my beef well done since I prefer tough meat. Ade had medium rare.. A pity the garlic fried rice that was served was too little, I find the rest of the meat a little too salty towards the end of the meal after I finished all the rice. Yet, I managed to empty my plate, even after second helpings. It was a satisfying meal, apart from the uneasiness from the bloated tummies and continual burps...
-
Yoga class went smoothly today. But due to some misunderstandings, we had to attend power yoga today instead of combat class. A few hand stands were taught, but it was too high level for us. Ade and I ended up looking at half the class performing stunts with our mouth opened! I made up my mind to do those hand stands after 12 months of yoga classes. That shall be my goal!

No comments: