Tuesday, 13 November 2007

My first 2 days in London..

Finally, I'm in London now, King right beside me, reading the news as usual.
-
My previous work engagement has just ended and here I am enjoying my holiday. It's probably not well-deserved as I have just started work, not yet passed probation period. But how else? I need to see King! I left work on Friday, uneased. Like I'm departing without completing my work, yet left a big lump of shit for them to clear. Perhaps there was a mis-fit between me and the job, or I was not well-trained in the profession yet, I feel my 3 years in NTU has just gone to waste. Things that I learnt seem to be giving up on me. Or did I just give up on myself long before I knew it. I am such a failure..
-
Nevertheless, seeing King made me realise life isnt so bad after all. The day I stepped out of the custom in Heathrow Airport; King smiling at me, no words could describe my feelings..
***
King planned a trip for me down to Stonehenge and Bath with his friends. It was indeed pretty, but I was too dazed out to enjoy the trip fully.
According to some reserach, Stonehenge is believed to be a sacred place for worship, built by people in the Stone Age. If all stones were not stolen/damaged, we probably cant see the interior. Stones were placed in such a manner that activities within the stones were hidden. Amazing, isnt it??

We also visited the Roman Bath. Expensive entrance fee, but something to see and ponder about...

***

Today, King brought me on a tour to Camden Town for shopping, then Leicester Square (which was London's China Town) for lunch, Covent garden for dessert, and sightseeing around the city areas.

That's somewhere near king's apartment. It was a long stretch of walkway which you dread to walk after a long day in the cold and question starts to pop in your head: How much longer do I need to walk???

There was also a fantastic cookie shop that cant be missed. I made space for it even though I was full after lunch.. BEN's COOKIES! There were really good even though I arent such a good fan of soft cookies. You can imagine. I even got motivated to start a chain in Singapore!

We even went Tate Mesuem to knock some arty farty sense out of us.

The day ended with a stroll along the Thames River. It was shivery cold when the wind blows. But the scenery was breath-takingly pretty and romantic..

Thanks, for the wonderful time, Darling!

No comments: