Wednesday, 3 October 2007

Work-Life balance

It's my 3rd day in ORQ, King's 2nd week in London..
-
Well, ABBS 21 looks like a mess compared to ABBS 22, desks were half-occupied by piles and piles of files and documents, ABBS 21 looks over-staffed, new hires in ABBS 21 has no lockers assigned. . I could go on & on! There's definitely so much to complain. Yet, I find myself getting on well with "work". Maybe not work yet. More like "training".. Useless web-based learning. Perhaps due to that, I'm actually enjoying myself. At least, I'm not stressed at work yet. Coming to the office slightly passed 830am and leaving on the dot at 530pm! Half the time, I'm on the net, surfing, chatting, idling.. The other half, completing web-based learning modules and dozing off, taking toilet breaks, pantry breaks.. That's what work life is all about! (Talk about work-life balance!?!)
-
I havent really interact much with the seniors yet. Most of my time in the office was spent with the A1s in my team, and lunch - with anybody from the Sept batch who isnt out at job. I havent been officially introduced to my manager on the first day at work. She wasnt around that day. On tuesday when I report to work, I went forward to introduce myself. She didnt look exactly friendly. She dont even seem to know that I am assigned to her! No one introduce the seniors in my sub-team to me. On the other side, Johnathon's manager appears to be warm and nice, introducing people to us, briefing us AOB matters..
-
King has been away for a short period of time and I think I'm handling it pretty well. If King were around, I could be with him now, spending time together, seeking some form of entertainment. And I would probably turn up at work feeling lethargic and sleepy. Now, I can make use of the time to do my own things! Yes, what a way to think. I'm looking on the brighter side, aren't I?

I wonder what's the fate of my Xiao Hei now.. Under his legs, under his armpit, on the floor or in his arms?

1 comment:

king said...

don't worry, xiao hei is doing fine! enjoying my company every night, under my armpit, under my leg and below my butt!!!