My first week on job and I seem to enjoy it. Work usually ends at 730pm (because senior doesnt want us to claim meal allowances and taxi fare) and I have to see the client pull their long face when I request for documents. Beside these, I think the rest are all within my favour. I even went down to work on a Saturday without a single complaint. Maybe if King were around and I had to reserve Saturdays for him, I would have cried out loud.. Even on weekdays, I didnt have a single bit of dying-to-go-home mood when it was 730pm. What makes me wanna go home is when Mum called to say she cooked my dinner.. I named this state: FLOW. The flow of work!
-
Learning curve wasnt the least bit high. I would say, it is a comfortable pace for me. I could easily take my time to understand the process. Once in a while, senior would ask if I have any problems. He is quite patient in explaining things to me. So that's one good thing about the job. Although I have had my attachment in relevant firms before, I find the job different to a certain extent. This explains why I'm so slow in doing things. Perhaps, I could have completed my assigned task last week if I havent been chatting with the other A1s so much.
-
The team is a good one. Probably this is part of the reason why I'm enjoying it so much. They were easy to joke with, very funny. If not for this, I could have die out of boredom, one week without internet & msn! I realised work has trained me to become 'lame-r' by the day. In general, people of my profession adopts that attitude as they sink deeper into work. Maybe it's a way for us to balance our work-life? Or we reach a state where we realised we need something else other than pure work!
-
Coffee has become a staple drink. I found myself dozing off in the first few days of work. Subsequently, I had coffee everyday. Either for breakfast or after lunch - the 2 most crucial times when I'll fall asleep. Now, I have become a true coffee addict. I could even take pure kopi O for now without finding it too bitter. Food has also played an important role. The term 'snacking' has never popped up in my mind when I was at ORQ. Now, I pop that question to my team after lunch: "Snacking??!?" Haha.. You cant blame it on me, anyway. Senior & Victor were the ones who brought that culture on the first day at client's place. Subsequently, we adopted that attitude too. Maybe I was alittle to extreme only. Wooops!
-
Some self-reflections: I still think I need more exposure in this industry. Most of the time, I got scare off by those long-faced client. I hestitate to approach them for documents. One general trend: the aunties really treat the males better. For example: I went to this lady for a document, she asked me not to bother her today as she was rushing stuff for us. Yet, Jonathan went over to ask for invoices, she gave it to him. Isnt it unfair? So much of gender equality! On one ocassion I find myself very unprofessional and insensitive. For private and confidential documents, I forgot I have to handle them with due care.. I accidentally flashed the document to the lady without realising there was another lady by her side. She had to quickily push the documents to my side so that I can cover it up and then flashed me the *tsk tsk tsk, it's P&C! face*.
-
Work isnt the least bit boring YET, since I have much more to learn. It's more like I'm starting to see the world now. :) Is it really FLAT?
No comments:
Post a Comment