Thursday, 6 January 2011

Some inspirations from Ikea

Right after our xmas staycation at Changi Village Hotel, we dropped by Ikea, Tampines for some inspirations on furniture pieces..

The living room
Darlie says he wants a classic house with simple furnitures of black, white and red theme. On the other hand, I love a cosy house of elaborated furnishing, preferably the "victorian style".. Here our ideas clashed directly, and we needed something that compromise.. I thought a black sofa would be good against a red wall in the living room. This piece, with button-tufting on leather finish, stands out among the boring others and exudes a luxurious feel..


The kitchen and dining area
He says he'll leave the kitchen to me.. The kitchen would be small, with fitted appliances already. I would have not much to play around with except the dining area. I see the dining area as a place where the family could have quality time together, sharing experiences while we eat. I would also love to have guests in the house in future. So a bigger dining table is necessary. A table of 6 would be perfect - 4 seaters on 2 sides, and 1 add-ons on the other 2 sides. These tables are perfect for candle light dinner too! whhahaha..


A hanging lamp to add wonders to the atmosphere would be nice.


And of course, my cakes, scones and sandwiches would deserve a good stand for afternoon teas or when I have visiting guests on weekends..

Our bedroom :)
We have a little space for a mini walk-in wardrobe. Darlie and I both have lots of clothes. So we really need good storage solutions to pack everything into a small room. I love the mirror that is clinged onto the side of the wardrobe. And the back of the mirror has compartments for storage of accessories, socks and such..


These would be good for our bags! And the bottom racks are for shoes.


These small compartments would come in handy for our belts, undies, socks and accessories. :)


I saw this victorian style dressing table while he was at the toilet and I fell in love with it immediately. It's downright simple, with drawers left right centre. I do not need to sit down while I dress myself. Just need a table to put all my facial needs, cosmetics, perfume and accessories.


Toilets
Although we wont be doing much to the build-in toilets, we would still love to have a "his" and "her" basin. some ideas.. But I thought they were a little small and too cramp.





Building a home together can be really fun. I'm looking forward!

No comments: