It was a simple little date with Darlie - we met for brunch, followed by a movie, then he joined my family for a simple dinner. But I love how the day was spent. That's what I meant by quality time. :)
Braise. Decked on the 2nd floor overlooking the Palawan beach, this modern cafe introduces ease and comfort by using beigh, white and brown hues. Simplicity seems to be its theme. Nonetheless, Braise offers a wide selection of appetisers (in buffet style), eggs or pancakes, a main dish and dessert to complete the decadent meal. Other than free-flow juices, one can top up the bill to make it a champagne brunch.
One big disappointment of Braise is probably when the orders ran out. I ordered my favourite pancakes but the kitchen ran out of pancakes!! I had to change my order to crispy egg, which resembles a plaster prata. There were also other occassions when they ran out of watermelon juice, carrot juice etc..
Egg benedict on toast with hollandiase. Darlie says that the yolk wasnt runny.
His mains - duck confit with orange sauce
My mains - cod fish
And then finally desserts. We had the tiramisu and hot fudge chocolate cake.
Dinner. We were still full by dinner time, but had to meet my family for dinner cos Dad & Mum would be travelling to Genting the day after. Nevertheless, it was a great dinner with everyone around..
No comments:
Post a Comment