August, usually the month I look forward to each year.
Early August
My sweet colleagues gave me a surprise on 8th August with a cake brought to me at my desk. I was almost touched to tears.
This year, Darlie & I had several quarrels over watching the Beijing Olympics Opening & celebrating my birthday. We ended up doing both together! Compromise compromise compromise!
Somewhere towards the end of the opening, Darlie appeared with my cake, half-NAKED!! haha..
Darlie secretly placed the digital photo frame on the side table while I was bathing.
We went to watch sun rise at Changi the next morning, but it was such a disappointment. We reached at 530am and at 7am, we saw the sun, parts of it hidden by the clouds, hanging a distance from the sea level. Umpteen times of disappointment.. Nevertheless, I love watching him struggling to keep awake just for me.
We visited his uncle and Darlie's nephew is sooo cute! I was quite impressed with how Darlie handles babies. (I seldom praise him but he actually looks cuter than the baby!)
Had our dinner at Bang & Charlie, a cosy little cafe tucked at Turf City, away from the crowd. Just what I need on a public holiday! No jams, no long waiting time, less noise and roomy space for just me & King. The food is reasonable priced and portions are really big! One thing to note, the potato salad is a must try!
Since it's my birthday, I booked a facial slot for myself the next day. What a way to pamper myself, ya? Right after facial, I celebrated my birthday with my family at JuShinJung, the korean BBQ restaurant that I finally got to try!
Mid August
Thankfully, I managed to arrange a dinner with Reny after work. Both of us had been busy with our own commitments, we can seldom have free time for each other. That day, she had to travel down to meet me at Raffles Places as I was held up at work, again! I wonder why, the time I end work can never be predictable. Is it a work place culture? Reny and I promised to meet each other at least once a month. Hopefully, it works!
Sometime that week, I had dinner with Sherlynn & gang at Sushi Tei. It was a great hang-out and it turned out that they were there to celebrate my birthday. I got a free treat from them too! Nice!

That weekend, Guis and I went trekking at Southern Ridges before ending the day with a dinner at Vivocity. I was terribly late that day and we had to start the trek late. In the end, we didnt complete the full 9km walk and had to stop at Hort Park.
By the time we cleaned and dolled ourselves, it was already late in the evening. We went in Thai Accent at 945pm and had to finish our dinner by 1030pm! What a rush, but thankfully, the service was fast and the staff extended our time! Guis had been very good company too!
I had been making scrap books for Darlie and this month, I received one for the first time! My dear Ting made me a scrap album that send me down the memory lane. Some of the pictures were like 10 years old?!?
That day I accompanied Ting to Sentosa for her usual sun tanning. I could tell she was really eager to get her tan as she persuaded me to travel down in a taxi! Unfortunately, the rain came right after she applied her sun tan lotion. How unlucky can she get? We ended up having salad buffet at Swensen's followed by a dessert treat at Bakerzin.
Month-end
I was supposed to spend my birthday week with Darlie in Bangkok this year since we could bunk in at Yut's apartment. In the end, I decided to give it a miss due to the last minute decision and my savings plan. This time round, Yut came over to Singapore. Darlie's Dad initiated to treat Yut to a dinner and Darlie invited me along too! Perhaps out of curiosity, I got tempted by Yut to see Mambo at Zouk! Yup, clubbing on a Wednesday! Sounds abit crazy but I went ...and never will go again!
Met Ting for movie on Friday and drink thereafter. We joined Darlie at Timbre after movie. Havent been there for a long time and since I was there, I ordered pizza, my all-time favourite at Timbre! Yup, there goes my diet plan..
That weekend, I met Penpo for desserts, part of my birthday treat from her - our birthday tradition. Love spending time with her cos' she never fail to make me laugh. That woman has inborn humor genes! I tend to forget all my troubles when I'm with her.
The birthday month ended with a high tea buffet at Carousel. My best friend's birthday falls on the same date as me, and we cant help emphasizing how coincidental it can be! Although we couldnt celebrate on the exact day, Ade and I decided to pamper ourselves and indulge in high-tea buffet. The food at Carousel was reasonably good. But Ade made me regret that my final decision wasn't the high-tea buffet at Marriot Cafe. We shall go there one fine day, for their desserts!! haha.. Currently, the only birthday wish we havent fulfil is to do pedicure together. Cant wait for that next month!
August: A month of Family and Friends, Food and Fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment