Tuesday, 9 October 2007

Buddy Meal

You must be thinking of KFC but it's not! It's EY's way of getting the new hires acquainted with the company's structure, style and culture.
-
Today, I finally met up with my buddy for a meal. And I found out a hell lots of things from him, and told him too much of my thoughts too. Half way through, I started pondering.. Maybe I shouldnt say so much after all. He isnt a close friend of mine and I should watch what I'm saying. I might be walking into forbidden territory without myself knowing it! Well, I'm a little disappointed about my team's portfolio of companies. I would mainly be working on manufacturing firms. Although I'm ok with it, I would prefer working on F&B, hotels or even retail industries. But nope! It's not within my reach.. Buddy mentioned about my manager too! He says she isnt a very friendly person. Not that she wants to be unfriendly.. Maybe she works too hard that she overlooked the social part of her life. Yes, she is a total workaholic that she even works on weekends! You are right, sundays included! On the other hand, Jonathon's manager looks so much livelier! A team I think I would enjoy being in more than my current one. Buddy says that manager has been awarded one of the best manager in EY. Impressive!
-
In addition, today marks my last day of slacking in the pantry. While I was sitting in the pantry sipping coffee and talking to the other new hires, Buddy happens to walk by.. During lunch, he sort of informed me that I should be doing that all the time. It doesnt reflect well on me if any manager or partner walks pass and see us idling there. Sounds scary, isnt it? At least, it scares me! In fact, when Kelvin msn-ed me to go for tea break, I rejected and say I wanna work! haha.. I even warned him not to go there too often!
-
Buddy also briefed me some basic matters in EY. I thought he was good as compared to the other buddies.. Oh there's one thing about him! He really inspires me! He slimmed down a total of 12kg within a short 2 months! I was totally amazed when he showed me his photos. Inspiring! But his meals were like vegetables and fruits for that 2 months?!? And he names it detox programme. We went for buddy meal together with his girlfriend (yup, I was a true lightbulb!) and he shares a bowl of noodles with her while I had my own bowl. Haha.. I wonder if I can do what he's doing!
-
Post work activity today was movie with Ting and her friends. " The Nanny's Diary" was not bad. Some funny scenes and a part that was quite touching. One of the friends reminds me of King's younger brother. He has that groofy smile that makes them resemble each other. And I like that ZARA shirt he was wearing. Kind of playful yet decent looking.. I tried to picture King in it but half way through, I changed my mind. Darling will look better in his usual shirts.. (ops!)
-
Tiring day! especially my eyes.. Hope I wont be late for work tomorrow!

No comments: